Upcoming Hands-on Workshops:
Train with Laara Raynier,
THE AUTHORITY on precision haircutting!
Laara Raynier is the ONLY HAIRCUTTER on the planet who has been trained by and worked with:
• the legendary late, Roger Thompson of Barney’s NYC – First World Art Director of Sassoon’s in the 60’s and one of the creators of precision haircutting as we know it.
Laara also worked with:
• Edward Tricomi – Warren Tricomi Salons
• Donald MacIntosh -Famous British Master Haircutting Teacher
• Tim Hartley, Creative Director, Sassoons
Advanced precision haircutting hands-on workshops and private one-on-one hair cutting classes. Designed to teach Raynier’s brand of precision hair cutting and styling. Laara Raynier brings 30 years of world-class experience working in the best salons in New York City from Barney’s NY to Warren Tricomi Salons to her private classes and workshops. Her technique is that of a sculptor, working to create a form and shape that will bring out the best features in the clients’ face and their hair.
Private One-on-One Hands-on Classes with Laara Raynier on LIVE models.
- The Consultation: How To Consult With a Client, How to Build Trust And to Decide In a Visual Way What Will Look Great and Work For Them
- The Importance and Impact Using The Mirror Has On Your Haircuts.
- How To Cut a Precision, Clean, Straight, Sharp, Bob Line
- How To Work With and Understand All Types of Growth Patterns. The Art of Understanding Growth Patterns and How to Work With Them. Once You Learn and Understand This Your haircuts Will Fall Into Place
- How to Blend and Layer Long Hair with the emphasis on Face Framing, Point Cutting + Advanced Texturing Techniques. Our Blow-Drying Technique That Lasts For Five Days: It Adds Volume, Shine, and Texture.
- Graduation / Round Graduation. Short haircuts are a combination of Layering and Graduation
- Body Positioning: How and Where To Stand While Cutting and Blow-Drying
- Advanced Texturizing Techniques that remove roundness, bulk and weight and leave the hair sleek
Laara Raynier in Action at Our Workshops
“Laara is doing it with love, grace, and passion, which is my dream.”
– Tim Hartley, World Art Director, Sassoon
Watch Laara’s Classic Precision Bob
“I would highly recommend Laara to anyone who wants to be taught the art of cutting hair.”
– Michael Gordon, Founder, Bumble & Bumble
“Laara is a natural teacher and artist and one of the best haircutters I’ve ever known.”
– Edward Tricomi, Warren Tricomi Salons
Raynier worked with Roger Thompson at Barney’s for ten years. Laara was not allowed to use a blowdryer when she began her training with Thompson. The haircut had to stand on its own; this is the type of training you will receive! Laara Raynier is the authority on all aspects of precision haircutting, classic and current techniques. She is a one-of-a-kind teacher that exudes passion and creativity. While working with Edward Tricomi, Laara Raynier learned to master long hair, blending, layering, styling, and blow-drying from the salon to the runways. Her enthusiasm and visual artistry will motivate and inspire you. Laara at New York Fashion Week
Stylists come from: Australia, Germany, India, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Italy, Hawaii, Charlotte, North Carolina, South Carolina, Chicago, Washington D.C., Pittsburg, Colorado, Atlanta, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas, Maine, Los Angeles, Palm Beach, Miami, Jackson Hole, Wyoming, San Fransisco, San Diego, Connecticut and New Jersey
Her perfectly chiseled bob haircuts are famous, stylists come from all over the world come to train with her to master her legendary techniques. Laara is so passionate about hair cutting education and her training, that we only use real people as our models, setting Mastercutter Academy apart. Confidence is a key element to success. After training with Laara Raynier, you’ll attain world-class skills and techniques used by the masters. It will take your career to the next level.
Would you like to have Mastercutter Academy at your salon to train your stylists and assistants?
For more information and details on workshops and private classes, contact us:
Call 212-995-9334 Email: Laara@MastercutterAcademy.com