1 DAY PRIVATE CLASS
- 3 Haircuts
2 DAY PRIVATE CLASS
- 6 Haircuts
3 DAY PRIVATE CLASS
- MOST POPULAR
- 10 Haircuts
Laara Raynier is #1 WORLDWIDE for PRIVATE ONE-ON-ONE HAIRCUTTING CLASSES ON LIVE MODELS
At MASTERCUTTER ACADEMY we believe in high-quality, hair education for all. With a focus on simplifying and expanding your technique, Laara’s precision cutting techniques gives you the skills and massive confidence you need to meet the individual needs of your clients.
Experience the difference with only using real people as your models.
AREAS OF LEARNING:
- The Consultation: How To Consult With a Client, How to Build Trust And to Decide In a Visual Way What Will Look Great and Work For Them
- The Importance and Impact Using The Mirror Has On Your Haircuts.
- Bobs How To Cut a Precision, Clean, Sharp Line, Whether It’s a Classic, Square, an A-Line, or a Graduated Bob.
- Using and Understanding Tension, How It Affect The Haircut, Especially Cutting A Bob
- How To Work With and Understand All Types of Growth Patterns. The Art of Understanding Growth Patterns and How to Work With Them. Once You Learn and Understand This Your haircuts Will Fall Into Place
- How to Blend and Layer Long & Short Hair with the emphasis on Face Framing, Point Cutting + Advanced Texturing Techniques. Our Blow-Drying Technique That Lasts For Five Days: It Adds Volume, Shine, and Texture.
- Graduation / Round Graduation. Short haircuts are a combination of Layering and Graduation
- Body Positioning: How and Where To Stand While Cutting and Blow-Drying
- Advanced Texturizing Techniques that Remove Roundness, Bulk and Weight and Leave the Hair Sleek
- Point-Cutting to Soften and Blend the Line and Remove Weight
- Men’s Hair, Classic Scissor Over comb and Barbering Techniques On Men’s haircuts and Short Hair
- The Mason Pearson Blow-dry. How to Create Sleek, Smooth, Shiny Hair With Swing
- Professional and Specific Tools, Products, and Brushes That Are Essential to Your Kit
- Image Consulting, Hair, Makeup, Clothing Style
- How to Cut All Textures of Hair Curly, Straight, Fine, Thick
- How to Develop an Artistic Eye
YOU WILL NEED TO BRING:
- Cutting combs
- Sectioning clips
- Medium and large sized round brush
- Water spray
- Hair dryer
- Notebook and pens/pencils
Private classes with Laara
1 Day = 3 hands-on (Saturday, Sunday, or Monday)
2 Days = 6 Hands-on (Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday or Sunday-Monday)
3 Days = 10 Hands-on (Saturday, Sunday and Monday)
* Inquire about our week-day private classes.
Provides you with the fundamental precision tools and techniques needed to build your repertoire of classic haircuts through our hands-on practical work sessions including coaching. Designed to work for all experience levels, you will be cutting on Live models with instruction from Laara.
Watch Brooke raving about her private classes.
Laara Raynier teaching
LAARA’S WORK APPEARS IN
VOGUE • ELLE • ALLURE • WOMEN’S WEAR DAILY • WOMEN’S DAY • THE NEW YORK TIMES • W MAGAZINE • NEIMAN MARCUS • J.CREW • NEW YORK POST
LAARA ON THE RED CARPET
BRITTANY HOWARD • THERESA REBECK• JAYNE ATKINSON • MICHEL GIL• MERYL STREEP • ANGELICA HOUSTON
LAARA ON THE RUNWAY
MARC JACOBS • CYNTHIA ROWLEY • DOUGLAS HANNANT • DONNA KAREN • DIESEL • ANNA SUI • NAUTICA • CALVIN KLEIN • VIVIEN WESTWOOD • MAX STUDIO • COACH • MAX MARA • THEORY
(1) Cancellations made less than 48 hours after payment of a class/workshop/product will incur in a 100% charge without the ability of a refund.
Deposits are non-refundableservices.
(2) Private classes need to be confirmed 10 days in advance. If you cancel less than 48h prior to your private class or are a no show, you will be charged a $50 fee and loose the ability to reschedule
(3) Cancellations have to be in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions call the Academy at (212) 995-9334